- Bruce R. Miller,
- Deyan Ginev,
- Frédéric Wang,
- Michael Kohlhase,
- Moritz Schubotz,
- Raniere Silva,
Session Chair: Frédéric.
Minutes Scribe: Deyan.
We welcome Bruce as an observer to our meeting.
First official communications between the Association and the Math WG were a little rocky, but we are now on the same page.
The name of Frédéric’s implementation document could be amended to be less controversial with the WG. The document aims to clarify common implementation uncertainties, and provide best practices.
More importantly, we’ll try to coordinate Frédéric’s “MathML-in-HTML5 implementation” spec with the Math WG for ensuring higher quality and set a precedent for a good working relationship between both organizations.
Michael will be our official Math WG ambassador
- “Logo follow-up items” - vote on approving the logo alternatives.
- 5 in favour, 0 against, unanimously approved all 3 points.
- Vote for the License of Website content: Raniere proposes to release all the content under “Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License”.
- 5 in favour, 0 against, unanimously approved
- Association Slogan. Suggestion to postpone vote and discuss further on GitHub.
- 5 in favour, 0 against, unanimously approved to postpone to next meeting.
- Appointing the initial Board Officers.
- Questions about the concrete voting procedure were raised, as to avoid bias when electing members.
- Agreed to proceed to a yes/no vote in public - as a practical exception
We will investigate alternatives for future votes
- Official position suggestion for year 2015:
- President: Michael Kohlhase
- Vice-president: Frédéric Wang
- Secretary: Deyan Ginev
- Treasurer: Raniere Silva
- Yes/no vote for the suggestion
- 5 in favour, 0 against, unanimously approved.
- Tax-exempt status progress
- we have an EIN employer number in the state of New York
- we will file the EZ tax-exemption form
- need to make a decision between B and U tax exemption class
- we may need to revise the language of the bylaws if we are to file in a specific category
- Deyan and Frédéric will finalize this offline
- Frédéric reports 2 organizations have shown interest in becoming “MathML partners”, as well as a couple of individuals have already shown enthusiasm for being “MathML friends”.
- Moritz reports several potential “MathML friends”, without yet investing any real time in raising awareness.
- Deyan, Raniere and Michael haven’t approached anyone.
- We have general agreement that we should finalize the infrastructure and start contacting interested parties to join. Encouraging to already see early enthusiasm from potential partners.
- Next steps
- Make the process for becoming a “MathML Friend”, as easy as possible (mailing list, other ideas). Finalize on GitHub and vote next meeting.
- Recruit high profile people in the advisory board
- Donations - we need to start researching bank accounts, and open one, in parallel to establishing tax-exempt status.
- Determine the end of the fiscal year, ask for expert advice on the accounting technicalities.