- Deyan Ginev,
- Frédéric Wang,
- Michael Kohlhase,
- Moritz Schubotz,
- Raniere Silva,
Session Chair: Frédéric.
Minutes Scribe: Deyan.
- Discuss progress on Form 1023 EZ, bank account, donations
- Deyan made contact with Aaron Krowne, will receive legal opinion soon
- Deyan’s details got postponed until mid-December 2015, so we’ll wait for then before acting
- Discuss progress on affiliates. Vote for https://github.com/MathML/website/pull/43
- 5 in favour, unanimously accepted
- Association Friends discussion
- Michael asks we are more proactive in recruiting a larger number of friends
- Moritz suggests adding a web form
- General agreement that we should move forward with sending announcement emails to mailing lists for MathML Association, to not waste attention
- Michael will contact the W3C working group
- Deyan will prepare an announcement email that has a link to the Friends page.
- Project ideas
- Come up with a first association-backed project to fund-raise for. The association will give an official “thumbs up” endorsement, but won’t hold the actual funds. Moritz points out that specific projects are easier to fund, as opposed to a general “anything mathml” fund.
- Frédéric: Math fonts project
- Moritz: WikiMedia Math project (mutliple possible funding sources), RESTbase? umbrella project for renderers
- Deyan: We should maintain a list of active MathML-related projects on our site.
- We should have at least one “donation opportunity” on the association web page.
- Vote: Re-elect Moritz, Deyan and Frédéric as board members for the following term
- Michael and Raniere have unanimously approved
- Details to be sorted out on github
- Discuss work to do for the end of the year: accounting, relections, Annual Activity Report
- Raniere asks for deyan to forward the end-of-the-year financial forms
- Michael will add a first draft of the Annual Activity Report
- Vote: Board office positions for 2016, all current board members agree to maintain their positions.
- +5 unanimously approved
- Domain renewals are done for 2016, mathml.org still taken, but mathml3.org is available
- Web Engine Hackfest http://www.webengineshackfest.org/
- Frédéric will help Igalia with WebKit MathML support, maybe recruite MathML friends
- We’ll feature it as a MathML Association account
- Frédéric will post a short presentation for feedback from the directors
- Frédéric: Fork of webkit mathml work under the MathML association to increase visibility?
- Next meeting in early January, Raniere will make a doodle for exact date and time