- Deyan Ginev,
- Frédéric Wang,
- Michael Kohlhase,
- Raniere Silva,
Session Chair: Frédéric.
Minutes Scribe: Deyan.
We mark Moritz’ absence (plane rerouted)
- yearly task: accounting, annual activity report, changing fiscal year.
- Vote on https://github.com/MathML/website/pull/48
- 4 in favour, unanimously approved
- We also agree to keep the annual reports with the Feb 1 - Jan 31 duration,
- Discuss progress on Form 1023 EZ, bank account, donations
- Bank account selection by end of next week, Deyan will email around
- Form submission of accounting and exemption by the end of January, by Deyan
- Raniere will proofread
- Budget brainstorming:
- Background costs for MathML association - web presence, bank account, possible legal costs
- Projects (with price tags), so that affiliates have an idea what to contribute to:
- Development of native MathML for browsers
- work on MathML in WebKit, later in Blink
- work on Noto Math fonts
- Funding hackathons/browser workshop meetings - Ask Aaron about receiving and paying money before the tax exemption is official? Until then wait for the procedures to complete.
- Discuss progress on affiliates.
- We need more friends
- Should we call them “supporters”?
- Should we use PR to encourage more signups?
- Wait progress on adminstrative side before contacting back sponsors/partners.
- As possible actions: We can do PR, represent a community, and funnel money. We should work harder on all fronts.
- Devise a broader message to attract a wider community, who is not technical, and not yet familiar with MathML.
- Appeal to all directors: Work on growing our community, and raise awareness. Homework: bring in 5 friends